Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July 2011

 For 4th of July this year we woke up early and headed to the fairgrounds. I played fiddle music with my family band for the community breakfast. Then the kids and I went for a fun rhino ride. After naps we headed over to Josh and Wendy Jensens for a yummy dinner and afterwars they all came over to our house for fireworks and root beer floats. Finally at quarter to nine it was time to head back over to the fairgrounds for the big fireworks. My cousin Erin Whipple sang the National Anthem and did such a great job. It was a long day for the kids and they were entirely wore out by the end of the day, but we had a great time.
  Little Tenley Leah and Anna Isabel.  This time last year Anna was a week and a half old and Tenley was born the next day.
We had a ton of s parklers and snaps....or pops...whatever you call them. The kids love those.
 We had smoke and flames everywhere!
 Jackson did pretty good with the huge sparklers but the flames got a little too close to his hands on the small ones.  He mostly preferred to watch.


 I bought several of these bigger ones. Purple rain I think they are called. Isaac and I escpecially liked them.
 My Dad came over and brought some more sparklers and snaps! Anna sure likes it when she gets to sit on his lap and share his treats. This time a root beer float.  (My Mom wasn't feeling well so she didn't get to come over)

 Too cute.
 Waiting for the big fireworks to begin at the fairgrounds.


 Now that's a good Grandpa. The kids hung on him the whole time.

 Isaac and Ty started practicing their UFC moves. We had to wait a long time.


They were so wore out by the time the fireworks came that Isaac just wanted to curl up and go to sleep. The best was watching Anna's face while she watched the fire works. She just loved them. She oohed and ahhed with a big smile the whole time. Jackson sat with my Dad the whole time and sometimes he would say, "that scare me" but I think he was just saying that - he loved them too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment