Friday, August 1, 2014

Cannonville Trip

We took our last trip to Cannonville for the summer. I can't believe summer is almost over! My Mom and Dad went also. 
 I'm not sure why Anna has grouchy face in this picture - probably the same reason I get a grouchy face when people try to take my picture.  The kids love to play in Grandma and Grandpas trailer. 
 Grandma is such a good sport and played lots and lots of baseball with Isaac. He loves it!



 One evening we went up to Bryce Canyon with Grandpa to look off the points. 
 When we left the kids said they didn't want to hike but when we looked off at Sunset Point Anna and Jackson said they really really wanted to hike to the bottom. I figured there was no way they would make it back up. I've carried them both out before when they were smaller but I figured we better try it if they were willing.  Isaac wasn't feeling great that day and wanted to stay at the top with Grandpa. 

 They actually did amazing!! They loved every step of it. It's a long steep way to the bottom. 
 I kept seeing the tourists snapping their picture. People often ask me if they are twins. Kind of funny. 




 We made it through what they call "wallstreet" and I told them we could sit on the bench for a minute and look up at the tree that grew out of the canyon. 


 Coming out of the canyon it's switchback after switchback. They only had sandals on since we weren't planning on hiking and they decided it would be easier and less slippery if they just took them off. 
 I couldn't believe they hiked up out without even complaining and I never had to hold either of them. 
 Great little hikers. 


 Grandpa and Isaac were overlooking at the top waving to us. 

 We found a little spot to sit and rest for a minute. What a view!

 Made it back to the top! 

Back to the car. Such a beautiful place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment